Tuesday, October 7, 2008

THE Pink Horse

Now this horse is not just any horse. It is the pink horse. THE pink horse. The most coveted horse on King Arthur's Carousel in Disneyland. Guaranteed the first horse dashed to when that gate opens by any dad or mom. It's so coveted that the last time I was thisclose to getting Pita on it (and by close I mean I was hoisting her up to get on) a sneaky over-determined dad swiped it out from under me. As I said, "ok, I guess we'll get another horse" as rude as I could possibly be, he said back "yeah you should get another horse" and I wanted to say "if my husband were here, he'd kick your horse stealing tail!" Like we're talking death match this horse is so wanted. B has had some close calls getting it but alas, never have we gotten on this horse. Until yesterday! The gates opened and it was go, go, go! B rushed Pita and she finally got to ride the pink horse. We immediately looked at each other and said, "get a picture!" cause we knew this might not happen ever again.

So here Pita is, on the horse of her one-time-probably-only dreams. It was probably one of the happiest 2 minutes of her life. But of course, as we got off for the next group to fight for it, this sneaky family snuck in through the exit gate and so deftly threw their daughter onto, you guessed it, the pink horse. I know you're thinking, oh no they didn't! But I'm telling you, oh yes they did!

4 say anything:

Meredith said...

i'll never get over this. that is freaking hilarious and perfect, "yeah, you should go get another horse."

glad the good guys one THE horse in the end.

Alison said...

It would be nice if they would paint more horses pink! Maybe you could pick a dominant available color and tell her a made-up princess story about that color of horse so she would want to change her preference. She is probably too smart and determined for any old line, it would have to be a spectacular story!

Haylie said...

Well, you may have another chance, well only if you come with us on Monday, the 13th!

Anonymous said...

Good words.