Then Pita would be pulverized into hamburger meat for her latest stunt.
Let's flash back twelve or so years to a trip I took with my family to Misourri. We went to visit all sorts of great historical sights. It was hot and muggy but there was this awesome Chinese restaurant out there, oh and of course everything Joseph Smith! So we went to go see Adamondiahman which is an amazing Church historical site. Well our whole family of 9 was crammed into a 7 seater mini van and I was riding shot gun. I was so wittingly joking that my parents should've named Alex Andy so we would have Adam, Andy, and Ammon (for those of you who don't know I have two brothers named exactly that). Alex apparently didn't think it was funny cause right after I got a water bottle chucked into the back of my head from the back row of the van. He was pissed. That is the only time I can remember a sibling hate crime against me.
So here we are present day.
I seemingly was premature in posting that Chubs Lives since Pita decided to take a gamble on his welfare this morning. I strapped him in his Papasan chair and left them to take a shower to get ready for work. I'm showering and Pita comes in and says, "baby's crying." Well I didn't think much of it since he's grumpy and tired and waiting to be fed. So I finish up and I turn the water off and hear a cry that I've never heard before.
So I grab a towel dripping wet and run out to the front room where Chubs has been flipped face forward onto the (thank heavens!) carpet screaming and arms flailing, the weight of the chair smashing him into the ground.
Me-"Pita! What did you do?"
Pita-"He's crying!"
Me-"Did you do this? Did you flip him over?"
Pita- "Uh-huh."
Me-"Why would you do something so stupid?"
Pita- "He's crying I make it stop."
Me- "AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!" (and mental obsenities)
As if poor Chubs hasn't almost killed himself ten times before this (falling out of swings, rolling off couches) I don't need Pita trying to terminate him too.
So tell me, what do you do about these seemingly innocent and not so innocent sibling hate crimes? How do you punish them or teach them? Have your kids pulled stunts like this? Have you been a victim yourself?
Please let me know I'm not alone.
7 say anything:
Well, how about the time... wait no. I have no clue. I am so sorry about that! That is horrible. Just horrible. Teach her please,
I love Chubs!!! So glad he was okay, it seems he does have a death warrant. I still feel so bad about when my girls dumped him at the store. He is going to be one tough guy.
No advice here. Kids just don't think things through like we do. Perhaps seeing you upset will do the trick and she'll remember.
That reminds me of so many showers I have had.... running with a towel dripping wet to see, "what hapened." Last one I remember is when Logan was about 6 months and a 2 year old friend of ours pushed my stroller off the curb into the sand at the park and his carseat landed upside down in the sand. All I heard was a muffled cry and turned to see nothing but the bottom of his carseat. Ahhh, these are the days!
Ummm . . . K ran at full speed yesterday while carrying B and then dropped her for a nice face plnat on the sidewalk. So her forehead looks like hamburger and there goes the Halloween pictures.
It happens. She's not trying to terminate him. She's trying to make the situation better. Maybe not for Chubs, but for herself. Either way, just keep sharp knifes and mallets up high for a few years.
you are so hilarious i have to make sure i am alone when i read your posts because i usually laugh so hard i snort.
when sarah and cam were little and only had one purpose -- to scream and suck up all my mother's energy and time -- i would look at this family picture taken back in the glory days. the early 80s, when it was only my parents, elizabeth, and i. i would refer to those days in my mind as the hay days of "the dream team." i used to envision what life would be like without those "other 2 whose names did not end in "-eth" or "ith" and get a smile on my face :).
then i learned to love em.
so while i didn't act on this wish and try to drown sarah in the bathtub, i do remember the days when my dearest ambition was to remove the "other 2" from our phamilee tree :).
and now i miss cam so much i almost go smell his smelly rugby uniform just to feel like he's not so far away.
i feel a blog post coming on. :)
Yesterday, a mom told a story that while her newborn son was in his bouncy seat, her three year old daughter dragged the bouncy seat into her own bedroom and locked the door. When the mom heard the baby crying and found him in a different room with the door locked, she freaked. The 3 yr old freaked also and wouldn't open the door; she then took the newborn out of the seat and pushed him under the bunkbed to hide him. When the mom finally picked the lock on the door, and got in, she tried to pull her baby out from under the bed scraping his face for the second time because it was such a tight fit under there. That was more than a year ago, and also her fourth baby, so as she told the story, we laughed and laughed!!!! Oh the drama!!!
Here's a story I heard in RS that is not funny, it is tragic. There was a grandma who went to spank her two year old grandson for being naughty and didn't realize he had a rubber toy wheel in his mouth. When he gasped from the spanking, the wheel lodged in his throat and they couldn't get it out. He choked to death. I can't imagine anything more awful for any of those family members. It kind of puts things in perspective. I will never forget that story. Where's Jack? I need to hug him!
Post a Comment