So a few of you are on Good Reads and while I don't update often, I wonder how many books and how far back I should review. I mean, since I've gotten out of school I haven't read as much as I should or as much as I'd like. But as I sat there and reminisced about books past, I can't help but fondly remember The Babysitters Club. I've read every single one, including all those Super Specials. I remember thinking how cool it was that there was an Asian girl in these books, Claudia Kishi to be exact, and of course how cool it would be to date Logan Bruno. It's unbelievable how you spend so much of your adolescent life absorbed in books.
Remember this one? I think I remember hearing that these books were "too old" for me to read but I went ahead and read all of these too. Those Wakefield twins and that sneaky, rude Lila Fowler.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Oh Yes I Did!
What were you hooked on? I think I was more obsessed than anything with these books. I still have the Babysitters Club movie. Beat that!
this is your life Nat D at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 say anything:
oh my gosh, i was up to my eyeballs in admiration to claudia for her fashion daring and related to her hatred of math. :) and i assumed that i'd date a logan too.
i read all those judy bloom books, the ramona quimby books, and "where the red fern grows" and "summer of the monkeys" by wilson rawls made me cry like a baby!
I think I was about 17 when I finally got rid of all my babysitters club books--which was every single one and the big white special ones AND the babysitter's little sister, the one that featured Karen, Kristy's little stepsister. I remember lovingly packing them into a box and just weeping but I knew I had to stop reading them. This of course was before eBay which is too bad because icoukd have made a fortune. And yah I totally read the sweet valley high books.
*and Iwill forever be grateful to one Stacy McGill for being the first person to educate me on Type 1 Diabetes.
oooh i loved those books too. can we watch the movie? i'm a little embarrassed to say i think i may still have them in my parents garage. maybe my girls will love them too!
the including of an asian in an american child's popular novel, step one of our invasion buahahaha!
I remember having guilty feelings while reading Are You There God? It's Me Margaret. I finished the book and I still didn't know what they were talking about.
I did Sweet Valley High books for every book report. Ask Elaine.
Post a Comment