Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby Mama

So if you haven't seen Baby Mama yet, you really have to. Tina Fey is SO funny. Amy Poehler is SO funny too. But what I think the movie makes me realize is that I have totally become a "baby mama."

Here are a few things that have dawned on me, that I really am a parent now.

- Your clothes all double as burp cloths, napkins, blotting tissue, and towels for wet hands when there are none in the public restroom (and if your kid is scared of the air dryers).
-If your clothes look clean, you'll put them on. Every now and then a little scrape of something here and there off of them is totally normal.
- Your tivo/dvr has more kid shows on it then your own.
- You cheer when someone goes to the restroom.
- There is no such thing as a snooze button anymore.
- However, there are plenty of alarm clocks.
- You kiss your kids more than your husband.
- Laundry and dishes have seemed to multiply and replenish your house.
- You smell check... everything.
- I have lipstick smears inside my purse.
-I look for cute snacks. All the time.
-I jump for sales... on Juicy Juice.
-You get really good at doing things with only one hand free.
-Leaving your house with wet hair is an accomplishment; leaving with make-up is even more impressive.
-Your favorite restaurants are your favorite cause there is a play area attatched.
-I check the kid section at Target first.
-My Elle, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Allure, and W magazine subscriptions have been replaced with Parenting, Everyday Food, Cookie, and Parents.
- I know all the names of Tinkerbell's friends-Fawn, Silvermist, Rosetta, and Iridessa.
- I make up songs for everything and words for everything now, too.
- I have two excuses to get out of just about anything.
- You laugh and cry more than you ever have.

But besides all of these little silly things you also realize you are entrusted with two little people who think the world of you. They think you're the best! They are your biggest fans. Have I got them fooled! I'm so lucky to have my two tiny suckers.

5 say anything:

Haylie said...

Hey Nat, you are a little to slow to notice that I already gave away the tinkerbelle's friends' dolls and it is funny cause I have Corgan right next to me and I said "Baby Mama", Corgan said "mommy is my baby mama!" HE he he.

carrie said...

What a great post...I enjoyed reading your "list." Made me smile. Definitely could relate. :)

I also love Tina Fey...did you see her impersonation as Sarah Palin the other night on SNL? She was awesome!

SeeCilLove said...

Tinkerbell has friends? I thought she only kicked it with Peter Pan.

byers babes said...

Haa!! I totally hear you on this one! You forgot about Queen Clarion. We'll have to take our girls when it comes out. K is dying to see it. Plus, it's a cute photo op.

Alison said...

I love your post! I sing,too! Not real songs, Jack tells me to stop those. I sing made-up songs about what I need him to do at the moment so we can have fun and play. And when we finally get to play I sing about that, too. "Yea, yea, yea! We get to play today!"
Singing is the only way I can fake being happy in front of Jack. If I am not happy, then he is whiny and contankerous. He begins to drag his feet and do the opposite of what I want him to do. He sees through my reverse psychology, too. So I sing. For example-(to row your boat)-"When Jack puts on his shoes, we can go outside. I will wait and do the dishes until Jack puts on his shoes!"