Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Poolside Peer Pressure

Imagine, if you will, this play out between friends...
Pita- ahhh pool water. So refreshing. I'm not supposed to drink it but who's watching anyway? Not my mom. K, have a seat!

Pita- K! You have to try this! Here, let me help you. Easy does it first timer.

Pita- Isn't that great K? Who said it's bad for you? Who said pool water isn't fantastic?

K- Ugh! Nasty! (as she spits it out) How can you drink that?

Ahhhh...It starts at such a young age.

5 say anything:

Steph said...

I never knew you had such a bright future in EXC (or Wipeout - the American version) commentating...lol

SeeCilLove said...

Like mother, like daughter. I remember getting peer pressured by you... "Call the G line, Cecille and sing on it"..."Give them my pager number, Cecille"... "wear those really high boots with really short shorts, Cecille"

It's a vicious cycle.

Alison said...

Nevermind she is breaking a rule; it is so cute she is sharing!! hee hee! In Cali, I totally gave up on trying to stop Jack from drinking pool and sprinkler hose water. But here, the pools are so gross! The pool at Lagoon now blasts warnings every 30 seconds from a loudspeaker. "Do not drink the pool water" "do not get pool water into your mouth" "Diapered children must wear a swim diaper AND plastic pants" "Do not change diapers at the poolside" "Do not swim if you have had diarrhea in the last two weeks" Seriously!! It says that! We have not gone to a public pool in Utah this year!

J-Dawg said...

I love it!!! I have to ask... Do you know what Pita is saying because you used to do this back in the day? ;P

Robins Nest said...

I fear for the teenage versions of Pita and Lil Sis!!!