Do you ever have moments that you catch yourself totally being your mom? I never thought that I was really anything like her until recently when people started tell me I was. When I was in the hospital to deliver Chubs every nurse or doctor that came in said, "you must be Dr. Wong's daughter." I thought, I don't really look like her... but it dawned on me. I ACT like her!
When B and I disagree or even when I pick a place to eat, I do what she does! Like I'll throw out a suggestion and then even if it's decided I will throw out another and another and another. (Some of you have noticed this in my activity planning)
Also, when people are over I am ALWAYS trying to feed them! B keeps calling me an old Asian Grandma...
But TODAY was the clincher.
We had pizza Monday night and I had the leftover plates and napkins from it. So of course I throw the plates in the recycler. Then I pause and pull them out. These are perfectly good plates! I can use these! So what do I do. I cook breakfast and serve Pita her Canadian Bacon and blueberries on a Papa John paper plate. One less dish. Then I eat my eggs off another. One more less dish. Then my sisters come over for breakfast. Two more less dishes. What do you know? In the space of less than an hour I have saved myself 4 plates to wash. Now if that doesn't sell you on it I don't know what will. Don't forget that napkins run a plenty too!
Now I know most of you are thinking. If I turn into my mom that's probably the best thing that can happen to me.
You know what? I totally agree.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I AM My Mother's Daughter
this is your life Nat D at 9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 say anything:
yeah!! You totally made me smile one of those deep soul smiles that make you feel warm and fuzzy all over. I love both you and your mother for SOOO many reasons. You are like her in so many ways, but you are definitely unique and wonderful in so many other ways. Love you both!!
oh my gosh! all this time i never knew about this lovely piece of internet!
thanks thanks thanks again for cutting my hairs! i love it!
If you're going to be like any mom, yours is a good one.
I love your whole family! You guys are the BEST!
It's amazing... but I do a lot of those things, too. I always ask Jared questions to see if he's all taken care of, I'll always ask a million things to find out what he wants to do and never throw out what I think unless it's somehow to "streamline" (or ultimately, over-complicate) the process! :)
Post a Comment