Do you ever have those moments where you just want to shut your kids out? Like when they have been all over the place all day and just keep going? Like you've put them down and they get out. And then you put them down... and they get out. And then you're about to lose it and just want some peace and quiet so you can do NOTHING and they... get out.
Then you react and they make this face that is the saddest face you've ever seen and you're still pissed.
Then after that reaction is done and your other half saves them you feel like a total loser. Even more than that a loser parent.
Then there is no way to describe how sorry you are and that for all they know you were shutting them out forever.
I feel like a total jerk. What can I say. I'm the one who needs to be shut out.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Oh Snap!
this is your life Nat D at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 say anything:
Awww... the pita and chubs got you down huh?
Good thing I only have a Koala that talks when I make it talk. And usually then it only says "Fosters. Australian for beer!" He's a much better writer than a public speaker.
Anyway, I'm sure every parent has those frustrating days. Can't wait to find out for myself!
Deja Vu...For me, that's what parenting is all about. Making a mistake and recognizing there's always room for improvement. Our kids don't expect us to be perfect - what could they learn from that? What a great lesson for them to learn that you can make a mistake and then learn from it. It keeps us grounded to be a good parent, and I KNOW you're a fantastic mommy.
Nay, I NEVER have "those" days...
Yeah right! :)
Let me think.....I had one of those days YESTERDAY! Nat...you're a GREAT mom, don't ever forget that!
Join the club. I really don't think I have ever seen you loose it. I am always so impressed by how you don't sweat the small stuff. So don't beat yourself up, we all have our moments.
Post a Comment