Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Wonderpets Save the Cookies (Ok well mom not the Wonderpets)

So while attempting to make these, I got to enjoy an experience I had only before seen on TV. Pita was helping me bake and we decided to use my KitchenAid mixer. So we were getting ready to put in the dry ingredients and work them into the wet. Well, Pita got all switch happy and flung it from off to high. Dry ingredients FLEW EVERYWHERE. I never thought I'd live it and I definitely know why, clean up is NOT FUN. So Pita was covered in it and so was I and so was the counter top... and the floor.
This is after a partial attempt to scrape the flour back into the bowl to save the cookies.
That's obviously where I was standing.
Happily eating what should have been a perfect Pumpkin cookie. OH well. At least Pita's not discerning.


Make your own, make 'em right. These are amazingly light and fluffy and delightful with whipped cream on top. (But let's face it, just about everything is)

Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup pumpkin, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugar and butter till fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Combine all dry and stir into wet. Mix and drop by teaspoon on parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes, transfer to cool immediately.

6 say anything:

moshi said...

that is so crazy hilarious. haha. man. i love how your footprints are floured out. yup. off to high. go pita. classic.. i bet those cookies are good. i want some.

moshi said...

when you gonna post those H-I-larious photos? haha. they make me smile.

[AnnieR] said...

Perfect timing. I volunteered to bring in 2 dozen pumpkin cookies into Ruby's class tomorrow so now I know I'll have a good recipe. Thanx!

Anonymous said...

I love it. The picture of B4 straight on makes me want to come to CA. They are growing up. We will be making N's cookies Thursday. Love Pop

Haylie said...

what? no advice about not ruining cookies?

Alison said...

Ha ha!! jack loves to run the Kitchen aide mixer! We make fake cakes all the time so he can use it. (flour, sugar, salt and food coloring to make it purple, his favorite color) We have probably made five or maybe eight purple cakes! Its a cheap activity and easy, except for the clean-up. Luckily we have not had your 0 - high with a dry mix, yet! Oh man!!! Ha ha!! Looks like she enjoyed them anyway!