Thursday, November 13, 2008

Totally Random "D" Things That Are Making Me Happy This Week

Besides the usual husband and kids of course... Isn't it funny how the small things can totally make your day or week different? This week I'm obsessing over...
The December issue of Glamour. They have their Women of the Year issue every December and it makes you feel good about being a girl. We truly have amazing ladies to look up to. Also, it's funny how a new and shiny magazine arriving in your mail box brings a smile.
Discounted STILA eye shadows from Costco. One duo is usually $20 dollars but I got a six pack of duos for $16 dollars (Tustin Costco by Sears). During 9/11 lipstick sales more than doubled. It was a sign of the times that even though the economy was bad, people used something as small as a tube of lipstick as a pick me up to feel better. So in these Recessionista times, you too can find joy in the cheapest, yet loveliest set of new shadows you can get.
Dove Cucumber and Green Tea Deodorant. Smells SO good and there's something about breaking open a new one to make you feel happy (and obviously clean! Good for you when you use it everyday).
Dawn Dish soap. I was reaching for Kirkland Signature soap (at Costco once again) and B said "No, let's splurge and get Dawn!" So for those of you who still hand wash your dishes like we do, enjoy the yummy long lasting bubbles of Dawn. See ya later Palmolive!


Downy Vanilla and Lavender Dryer sheets. To be used in conjunction with the Vanilla and Lavender detergent. Cause c'mon let's face it. If you're going to be up to your neck in laundry it sure as heck better smell good.

4 say anything:

Haylie said...

I can't wait! Next thing you know... toys are on sale! With their own make-up!

Anonymous said...

Hello, small things can make you happy. I picked up a Discovery Mag at the YMCA this am. It held my attention for a few minutes between sets. It took me away to some neat looking pics and interesting thoughts. It also had an ad for something I am sure I can't live without. Pop

SeeCilLove said...

I love those dryer sheets.

Alison said...

I like that deodorant. And I miss being able to shop at Costco with you! There is nothing better than completing boring errands and sharing mommy duties with a comfortable friend!