Thursday, April 9, 2009

Through the Eyes and Mind of Pita

I have to admit, Charlie and Lola used to drive me nuts. I'd always wonder if he ever wanted to strangle her sometimes; but alas he is the world's most patient, kind, loving animated brother. If Pita had a choice, she'd watch Charlie and Lola the whole day. But I figured 24 hours would be a but much so we went to the library and checked a Charlie and Lola book out. Now I love reading with her but after the 10th time in one sitting, I get a little bored so I just let her read it to me. Quickly, on a side note, have you ever read one of these books outloud? It's just not the same in a California accent. In necessity I have quite perfected my English accent. Fancy that?
I point and she tells me what Lola won't eat. Not peas or carrots or panaynose or 4 mushrooms or a quesadilla or eggs with a dress or hot dogs....
Lola does not eat white flowers or salad or beanies or bananas or peaches oranges and is not fond of 3 apples or flower rice or cheese or chop sticks.


Later Charlie tells Lola that fish sticks are really ocean nibbles which is what mermaids eat. Pita misinterprets and says "Sick! Lola eats mermaid sticks! Poor Ariel." Yes. Poor Ariel indeed. But at least Lola ate her dinner.

3 say anything:

Meredith said...

i think that is terribly cute. my niece and nephew also LOVE charlie and lola. elizabeth and i would always wonder why the h charlie has to do all this stuff for her? where are the parents? we decided they're sitting in the basement eating bon bons.

Alison said...

We haven't watched Disney channel in about a year. There is too much to watch on noggin. But we do play the games on PlayhouseDisney.com. I have wanted to discourage Jack from playing the charlie and lola game because it only involves choosing clothes for lola to wear!

Ruth said...

I love Charlie & Lola! At first, I also hated her and thought she was too whiny and too spoiled. But they grew on me after my mom-in-law bought the kids a dvd of them. We had read the books before. I think Pita has a thing for Ariel. That's too funny! Lola's eating Ariel, LOL.