Friday, December 26, 2008

Welcome Blueberry!

A pet is an animal kept for companionship and enjoyment or a househeld animal, as opposed to livestock, laboratory animals, working animals or sport animals, which are kept for economic reasons. The most popular pets are noted for their loyal or playful characteristics, for their attractive appearance, or for their song. Pets also generally seem to provide their owners with non-trivial health benefits; keeping pets has been shown to help relieve stress to those who like having animals around.
So my sister Emy took Pita to get her very first pet today. A fish... since not only does Pita enjoy them, it seems the least difficult. 
They went to the tanks first, but those require filters and a whole system so they skipped that idea.
They decided on a Betta... which Emy says is boring but I say it's cheap and easy. Now when I say that I say that cause I will probably be the one taking care of it!
Food for thought.
Supplies, supplies.
Pita and Hay named the fish... Blueberry. Don't ask.
Let's hope the keeping pets have been known to relieve stress really is applicable. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I guess for Blueberry, too. May she live... awhile.


Yay for first pets. Mine was a hamster named Peanut Butter. But that's a whole nother story.

To be continued...

6 say anything:

moshi said...

haha. sweet blog. corgan's auntie emy must be pretty sweet! haha. and what's funny is that pita probs doesnt know that in actuality blueberry, a she, is really a he! haha. ya.. it's a male beta.. but who's askin! today marks day 1. lets hope booberry sees day 2!

Alison said...

I love bettas! we have one named bobo. They are actually hard to kill. We can go on vacation for a week or forget to feed them (I have owned probably about five throughout my life) and they eat the algae that grows on the rocks or something. They are very hearty! I think the only one that has died on me jumped out of his bowl when we were on vacation. I think the rest I had to give away when we moved.
Blueberry is pretty! and i like that name!

Anonymous said...

T.
Thanks for the pics & words
We love you!

Anonymous said...

T.
Thanks for the pics & words
We love you!

Steph said...

i didn't know it was possible to love you more than i already do, but this post made it possible. I LOVE that you have a betta. We got gourami's. We needed 2, you see, and 2 bettas confined to one bowl spells disaster for at least one. Blueberry is adorable!! Better than Genie Blue Train... Can't wait to meet little Blueberry!!

Haylie said...

It is too bad that blueberry doesn't get to live any longer. I hope that Corgan doesn't take it too hard.

Plus (+) I picked the name. SOrta. Corgan said "blue" and I said how about BlUebErRy?