Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Hour and Fifty Three Minutes

In a bath tub will do this to your 3 year old. She just didn't want to get out. So she ends up looking like my old lady even though I'm her old lady. The World record for the longest bath is one hour and eight minutes... in a tub full of ice. Which I promise you, it basically was after the hot water turned cold.
It's kinda gross but I'm so proud. Ha ha. No it's just mostly gross.
And pruney.

5 say anything:

Alison said...

Our Speech Therapist told us that being immersed in objects is a way of learning where our bodies are in space. She called it proprioception and certain kids need alot of it and are comforted by it.
Jumping into a pit of balls or a basket of laundry, and swinging with the air all around fills this need to be immersed. Jack likes me to pile the laundry and his stuffed animals on top of him. Also, taking baths fills the need for propieception. So by allowing her to take long baths, you are fulfilling her need to be immersed and learn where she is in space. :-)

moshi said...

is this not the time that she, i mean YOU, didnt turn off the bath water? haha. if it was that full i wouldnt wanna get out either!

Anonymous said...

i thought you were MY old lady? i'm confused.

Anna said...

Hey Natalie. I found your blog a bit ago and love to see pics of your adorable kiddos. I have to laugh at this one because Grant is exactly the same. A two hour bath is not unheard of in our house. And he loves that his fingers turn into raisins.

HoneyBun said...

Wow, I mean just, wow.