Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Ten Minute Adventure

A word of warning, Carl's Jr Happy Meals have Coraline toys. Now if you ask me, Coraline is creepy and even though I love the Nightmare Before Christmas, any movie where your mom has black buttons for eyes is scary. I don't care, Neil Gaiman, what you say, it's not a cute happy meal toy and it's not a story for little kids.


Now in said meal there was a Coraline puzzle of the fifty pieces or so variety. Some of my siblings are die hard puzzle fanatics, but they always make my eyes hurt and I get frustrated once the border is done. Needless to say I am not a puzzle fanatic.  

Pita has been asking me since yesterday to do the puzzle. Obviously she can't do the puzzle so that would mean that I would have to do it. This morning she was super persistent and of course they ask you when it's not a good time. Like when I'm trying to feed a hungry Chubs and get her food and everything else to start the day. But I knew that if I didn't do it, she would keep pestering me about it.

So I started the puzzle. First of all, how annoying is this puzzle? There's no picture telling you what it's supposed to look like. So you have to "wing" it and for someone who is not a puzzle lover, "winging" it is not desirable. But then I was captivated and determined to put this stupid puzzle together. I know you're chuckling, 50 pieces, big whoop I can put that together with one eye closed and one eye behind my back!

But here are the reasons you don't stop to do a puzzle for Pita.

She says she'll give Chubs some stars ("Pita! I was thinking three or four!")-

That she's going to get herself breakfast ("Pita! Nuttella is NOT for breakfast!)-



That she won't make a mess ("Pita! On the table! No, the real table!")-


And when you're done with it she'll say, "Mommy! I did it! I did the puzzle!"

Ok so maybe it's not 50 pieces. Maybe its 35. But I still had to clean up all the mess that was made in the 10 minutes it took to put the darn thing together.

3 say anything:

moshi said...

that is so crazy freakin hilarious! i totally laughed out loud. haha! i love the stars! i bet chubs ate ALL of them! and i like you're new table! inspired by japan? i love eating on the floor! and the puzzle. nice job nat! now i cant wait to do it! haha. have fun tonight at cheeses. wish i could be there...

moshi said...

oh and btw i love how i am always the first to comment on your blogs now. haha. wohoo!

byers babes said...

I love her. I simply love her. Mostly cuz she took credit for the puzzle. lol forever.