Sunday, March 22, 2009

Paranoid Much?

Yesterday Pita threw a large sized rock into the air and it landed square on her head. There's a nice fatty egg sized lump underneath her hair- which I'm grateful covers it because if it didn't, we'd have to be explaining a black eye.


I'm so sad about Natasha Richardson's death- what a sad way to go and so sudden. But in it's wake, it has me paranoid about any "blunt impact to the head." I can't stop thinking, what if Pita has internal bleeding and doesn't really get what's going on and then all of a sudden she's just going to be gone. I know it's morbid but everytime I read something about Natasha I can't help but wonder in the back of my head about Pita's head. 

Just had to put it out there- B keeps telling me how ridiculous I am. I figure I haven't panicked and been psycho about my kids in a while so I'm cashing in my card for this one.

6 say anything:

Anna said...

I really need to cut down on my medical drama watching. After watching an episode of House, I came home and explained to Brandon that I touched some moss in the event I went into a coma and they needed to figure out whether I inhaled some sort of toxin that lived in the moss.

moshi said...

i felt the lump. it was BIG.

Alison said...

I still can't believe that a one year old Lil Sis fell from the wooden structure at Heritage Park! Kids are resilient! I tend to downplay every injury and health issue with Jack, which scares me sometimes. So I just pray that God will please let me know if Jack needs real medical attention. And if anything happens, please don't let it be my fault!

Charlie & Judy said...

A friend of mine lost her 7 yr old son from an undected tumor which appeared after he ran into a pole in Mammouth. When they did a CT scan they discovered it. The only signs they now can look back on, was that he seemed to run into things (but what little boy doesn't). After I went to the funeral, I was worried about Noah, because I started to notice everytime he ran into things!

SeeCilLove said...

I think I bumped my head 5 times in the last month! I got scared when I heard about Natasha too... She was great in the remake of parent trap with Lindsey Lohan and *sigh* Dennis Quaid.

Ruth said...

I'm glad that the news of her death helped saved a life. It really shocked me to hear of it. I'm glad Pita is okay. You never can tell with a head impact, I guess.