Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hawaii P4

The only thing that I wanted to do in Hawaii was find a waterfall and jump off of it. Our last day before we left we decided to venture to this hidden rope swing area. The property is technically private, yet someone has yet to be arrested for being there. The parking area for is usually is a target for break ins, as we so generously saw tons of broken window glass all around the area.


You have to walk through this amazing path that basically looks like a crazy field.
Then you come to this opening with all these fantastic rocks. Beautiful view huh? And the backgrounds' not bad either! Ha ha!
This unbelievably fantastic tree is chilling right at the base of the waterfall. Natives have constructed this amazing rope hanging off to the left and also anchored a latter on the right to get up afterwards.
B took off for the rope right away. It was amazing. I screamed the whole way down. It was amazing how your adrenaline just pushes you!
Hay even went, I was so proud of you. I told her, this might be the bravest thing I've ever done and I'm 29. Don't wait that long to do something like this! My amazing mother went too, she hurt herself on the way down which bummed me out.
You've got to check out the video of me jumping off the waterfall but I have to tell you I almost chickened out. I kept thinking of the crazy rocks and what if I hit one, blah blah. In the video you can hear B calling me a chicken and bawking at me. This is probably the gutsiest thing I've ever done (how lame huh?) I'm so proud of myself! This is us after we both jumped off the waterfall. Success!

4 say anything:

Alison said...

I love the one of skinny you, Haylie and your Mom walking to get there. And i like the self portrait of you two, you and B look so happy!

Unknown said...

I have jumped off this same waterfall! I screamed like a banshee and the locals all looked at me like OK howlie, but I did it :). Don't you just love Kauai... my favorite place!

Shelly said...

I'm so jealous. You look great and you look like you had a great time. Good for you.

moshi said...

i love my family :) i cant wait to see them everyday of the eternities! i miss them THHHHHHIIIIIISSSSSS much!