So while it's mostly funny when Pita repeats stuff we say, it's sometimes mostly funny and somewhat concerning. I don't really know what to do, so maybe you have suggestions.
The first of many went like this.
Grandma DuLaney was visiting for a week and she was reading Twilight (which 98% of you enjoy). Pita wanted her attention and wasn't really getting it. She comes into our room and announces, "Mom! Grandma's being a jerk."
Me- "WHAt?!?!?"
Pita- "Grandma's being a jerk, she won't play with me."
Me- "She's reading just let her have some space."
Later on in the week....
Pita- "Mom! Chubas sucks."
Me- "WHAt!?!?!"
Pita- "He took my stuff."
Me- "That's not nice to say. Let's try and share."
Pita- "It's not nice to take my stuff so he sucks."
And even later....
I was clearing up her whirlwind of toys she scatters around the house.
Pita- "MOM! WHAT THE HECK? Where's my toys?"
Me- "WHAt?!?!?!"
I don't even know what to say. Part of me thinks this is funny but the other part of me is worried since she starts Preschool in October. I don't want her to be the kid with the potty mouth or the one calling the teacher a jerk.
B on the other hand has a differing set of opinions. He thinks that maybe his mom was being a jerk and yes, sometimes Chubs does suck. Now what am I supposed to do with that?!?
Open to suggestions, lemme have them.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Language
this is your life Nat D at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 say anything:
Ha ha ha!!!! Sounds like she listens to you! Ha Ha! I like the way you talk, so even if she picks up every word and intonation you say, she will be one cool kid!
I agree with B, it does sound like she is really appropriate with her jerks, and with what sucks, and with the what the hecks. She is so adorable!! She is a mini-you!
My kid is a nerd. I just have to worry about other kids saying "sperm" because G's been telling them all about Sperm Whales.
I kind of agree with B but I can understand your concern. I reprimanded G for saying shut-up but then he heard me say it later. Whoopsie.
kids say the darndest things! haha. oh man that kid is hilarious. there was something the other night she said that was off the wall.. it was hilarious why didnt we write it down!!!! oh well.. itll come around again. as always.
This is cuteness and you are good to chronicle her potty mouth. I can't stop laughing at the jerk comment. :) But yes, have her try to clean things up by the time preschool starts. You don't want her to be "that kid". :)
instead of expletives just use silly adjectives that don't mean anything to society? "Hey! Don't be a blabity boo" haha.. oh well. that was slightly entertaining to me. But I personally think it's kind of funny and appropriate, I can imagine you saying the same things ;)
So cute... it is amazing how easily they learn to use our expressions in context. My girl started saying "oh my gosh" and "What the heck" and "Darn it" a while back. I felt the same way you do. I decided to change the way I spoke...because I have never agreed with parents that tell kids to act a certain way and don't do it themselves. (the teacher in me) So I taught her to say "oh my goodness" instead. She did for a while and then she just stopped for the most part. But now if I slip and say any expression at all in frustration she says "mom don't say ________, say oh my goodness!"
Post a Comment